Skip to main content

Appreciation

Appreciation, a word often underrated; to be thankful for food, roof above my head, that I can walk, I can talk, I sleep at night and wake up the next day. This same word is being proactively used when I get a car as a gift, scholarships for school or even a Christmas gift. Do we only thank God, families, friends, and colleagues for the great and mighty things they’ve done for us and underrate the wonderful little things? I am thankful to God for the day to day experience, for the people He brings my ways, for the good and the bad. 

I am thankful for families. Have you ever imagined what your life would be like without your current family? How the answers would differ, Oh, I wish I had a different family, my life wouldn’t be sad.  Or am grateful for the family I have because they are everything to me and support me in all I do. Either way, your family are the reasons for your existence, they were instruments to bring you to this world. 

I am thankful for good Health. Yes, you might be reading this and saying, what health, I am sick, I can’t do nothing. In the world, there is always a worst-case scenario than yours. Whatever your situation maybe, be grateful you can read this, be grateful you can use social media in whatever capability. And if you have it all, be grateful and say a word of prayers to those who need it.

I am thankful I have a roof above my head, I am thankful I have food on my table, I am thankful I have money. Your roof might be overhead bridge or the most expensive ceiling. Your table might be luxurious one or just a floor. Your money might be counted in thousands of dollars or you might have no money. You adorn yourself in brand clothes or you have rags on. Remember some can’t wear anything. 

I am thankful I have GOD. This is a choice you ‘ve got to make! You might not have a choice of the family you belong, good health or worst health, you might be the poorest person on earth. Oh what a golden privilege you have to make a choice to serve and worship God in the beauty of His holiness. Let him be your GOD and let Him guide you through all circumstances of life till we see Him in glory. 

I am thankful that there are so many things to be thankful for that I can’t write it all. You feel your situation is the worst on earth, think again, say a word of prayer. Tell your friends, colleagues, families, mentors that you are thankful for their goodness, kindness and bless the name of God. 

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Comments